Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Our New Arrival Is Here!

Jasper Paul was born on Tuesday October 3rd.
We welcomed him with love and joy at 8:10 a.m. following less than 2 hours of active labor. At 6:30 in the morning I felt a funny little pop and realized that my water had just broken, within the hour, labor was super crazy intense and we got down to business.
A totally unplanned unassisted waterbirth followed, in which I felt with my own hands as his head left my body, followed by lovely wiggling shoulders and great tumble of baby as he slipped against my fingers and into the water below me. With joy and honor I lifted him out into the day and we celebrated together as a family... Jerome, Mielle and I. That's right, Mielle was there with us during her brother's birth! Papa Greg soon joined us in our bedroom and the midwives arrived about 5 minutes after his birth.
I am thrilled to report he's nursing like a champ, just as healthy and happy as a baby can be. He was born weighing 6 pounds 15.5 oz and measuring 21.5 in. Such a sweet and darling little nugget as I have ever seen. I of course think he is the most lovely little boy I have ever laid eyes on, with the most darling perfect round head, sweet little whispy sideburns and long mobile hands.
As the week has passed his cloudy mysterious baby eyes seem to be unveiling a deep steel blue. I wonder will he keep his darling blue eyes, or will they change as he changes every single day, before my very eyes. Slowly I am learning him, and memorizing him heart and soul.... love grows in me every day, till I feel as though I may burst at the seams I have so much love swelling in my heart for my little baby, my precious daughter and my darling husband.
We are all transformed by his presence in our lives and I am amazed at the changes in Mielle every day. She seems to have grown about 2 feet and 2 months in the space of 2 days! So many little things she insists on doing for herself, the tender gentle love she shows to Jasper and the precious vulnerable moments of affection for Mama... she breaks my heart.
Jerome is in high heaven, so full of patience and love for his family. There is something about having a new baby which reminds you of why you choose your spouse... i am so greatful that such a sweet and tender man is the father of my children and my partner during this challenging time.

Photos available here!!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh my GOODNESS does he look like his cousin Tristan in some of those pictures!

Congrats again, he is beautiful and so sweet and small. Oh! Baby lust!! Hugs!

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so joyful for all of you. congratulations on your perfect, healthy son!

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, he is perfect!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats sweet family. miss you guys. love to all.

crisby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home