Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Guess what?

"Guess what???" I whisper to Gabe.
"Psstt,.... Guess what?" I say again and he turns to me inquiringly.

"What? " He asks.

With a mischevious glint in my eyes I wait a moment
before blurting out,"...... Chicken butt!!!"


Momentary confusion clouds his face,
he obviously was not expecting that.
A moment later he grins, realizing I'm telling a joke.

Again I whisper"Guess what?"
with a conspiritorial air and waggle my eyebrows at him.

A grin of anticipation lights up his face
and he asks me
"Whaaaaat?" in a high pitched squeal.

"Chicken butt!"
I announce while slapping my own rear end to accentuate my point.


Laughing loudly he squirms in place
as he shouts out "Guess What, Guess WHAT?!!"

Faking confusion
I inquire politely, "What?"

"Chicken Butt,... CHICKEN BUTT!!!"
he yells uproariously while turning about to slap at his derriere.

We laugh together,my 5 year old nephew and I,
joined by the bonds of "Butt humor".

Pausing, I ask him solemnly
"Do you know the rest?"

"huh?" he says as he turns to me.

"CHICKEN BREAST!" I answer,
dissolving into laughter.



Being "Aunt Anna" can be pretty darn fun sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess why?

... chicken thigh!!!!

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home