Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mama's don't get sick leave

Earlier this week I had a brief yet horrible bout of the flu in which I learned that being my daughter's Mama is the toughest job I've ever had. However, the benefits are outstanding!

As I layed in bed shivering and shaking from the fever which coursed through my body, the sound of a small yet firm voice penetrated my delirium. "Nu, Nu Mama!" A small soft hand tugged at my shirt insisting that I share with her with the delicious and nutritious food which only I could provide.

Blearily I rolled twords her pulling her warm body up against me. Contentedly she settled to nursing, and I let my mind wander, trying to distract myself from the mounting nausea in my upset stomach. The vague and confusing contents of my dreams flitted through my mind combined with the sight of steam rising off the mug of tea sitting beside me.

My darling husband hovered nearby ready to gather my daughter up in his arms and carry her off to the array of activities, toys and yummy bribes he had prepared for her in hopes she would leave me alone long enough to give me a good long nap.



"All done" she announced pulling the fabric back down over my sadly flacid breast. With gentle pat pats to my hands and arms she leaned in to kiss me goodbye, so loving and sweet. With appalling energy she let herself down from the bed, excited to play games with Papa untill Mama was all done being "Sic".

Her parting advice penetrated my fuzzy brain and I smiled to myself "Don't Vom, Mama" she informed me and tottered off holding her Papa's hand.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, now I can't wait to have babies! haha. That pic is so classic. I hope you're doing alright, Anna. This is Lina. I still haven't uploaded the pics from E and C's onto the internet yet but when I do, I'll send you a link. I, too, have a blog. I've been doing a lot of wedding blogging of late. I'm going to do a post on Wisconsin eventually. The pics of Mielle from then were so adorable!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

aw! what a great entry. hope you're feeling better now and that no one else in the house got sick.

you're such good mama and your daughter is too precious for words!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jilly said...

Miele is so funny! As are those pictures. Glad you're feeling better, Anna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home